Grownup Gripe: To filter or to unfilter, that is the question 🤦♀️. For me it’s a no-brainer I live my life unfiltered but I’m definitely not a Kardashian 🤣.
Being in sales for over 15 years it’s amazing people aren’t seeing the wool or should we call it SKIMS being pulled over our eyes. We’re putty in Team Kardashian’s hands since most eat this up.
Hats off to Kris because she’s a great agent/MOMager – TRUE marketing genius but open your eyes people or at the very least keep in mind everything these girls put out is ultra-filtered!!!
It’s scripted reality!
Over the years starting with Kim, the Kardashians showed us all how extremely influential filtered images can be leading to millions of copycats trying to emulate every one of them everyday.
Growing up in the good ol’ days where we were taught to be leaders and NOT followers, these social media platforms as of late blow my mind.
I’m old too and really don’t give a shit what anybody thinks yet it often irks me so I CAN’T even imagine what these countless hours of filtered images and videos are doing to our kids.
If you’ve heard the latest, Khloe Kardashian is suing to get “leaked” unfiltered photos supposedly taken by paparazzi on vacay removed-see story.
Whether it’s another publicity stunt or not to get her name in the news again the fact is it worked.
Khloe Kardashian’s unfiltered photo became a top trending Google search this week because everyone is so hungry to see the dirty deets 🤯!
This has been a battle since I was a kid when Cosmo and others were posting “unattainable” beauty to us since all pics were photoshopped or airbrushed but in 2021 it’s on a whole new level.
Even though we all know these photographs are touched up (right?) and have been FOREVER, with the advanced filters these days the sky is the limit.
Do your kids get that? Do YOU?!?
Admittedly I’m still getting my arms around social media as I just joined FB last year and got on Instagram & TikTok to promote my blog in 2021.
Sure it’s a double edge sword as you wouldn’t be reading my posts if it wasn’t for social media😊 so I get it even if it can be frustrating at times!!!
This has never rang truer than now and is only getting worse as technology progresses along with this insatiable need for unattainable perfection.
The impact of social media is 🙌 but be mindful for yourself and ESPECIALLY your loved ones that you shouldn’t believe everything you read or see!
Be true to yourself!
Filters are nice in the fake World Wide Web (we all spend too much time in) but in real life it’s who YOU really are that counts. What matters most is you’re happy with everyday life and can decipher the two.
As Dr. Seuss says “be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind.” It’s so true!!!
So keep in mind the filtered photos Khloe Kardashian and her sisters post have a team of experts “perfecting” them and now at the most amateur level this is an option for all so think 🤔.
5 Tips to Remember when Scrolling
1. People are putting out the best of their best oftentimes coupled with filters to make them look even better. They may have taken 20 pics before posting that one! Like Khloe Kardashian‘s rant that got this ball rolling, I mean if someone with all that work done is still using filters what does that tell you? It’s unattainable perfection we need to stop.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others! It’s apples to oranges. Obvi that’s Khloe’s prob, even with all resources at her disposal she’s still not satisfied with what is put out there unless it’s filtered. You might see images and compare your life to others and this is exactly why you shouldn’t do that. It’s unhealthy, unproductive and often times off base.
3. A picture is worth 1000 words and that rings true now more that ever because those thousand words may or may not be apparent until you look closely. Now along with the actual focal point trolls analyze your posts with a fine tooth comb so be leary of EVERYTHING you see in that pic.
4. Perception is reality. Angles, locales, you name it-most pictures these days are so well choreographed that it’s a no-win for vulnerable souls already struggling with real life. The constant barrage of filtered “perfection” will make the strongest weak (if only for a moment). Don’t let it.
5. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. After a decade of social media resistance I finally gave in and admittedly for as much disappointment there’s equally as much pleasure from seeing old family members and friends who you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to keep in touch with so as long as you can take the good with the bad it’s okay 👍.
Whatever the reason you look through social media and no matter what platform you and your loved ones use, just remember you’re looking at filtered images through rose-colored glasses.
It’s a sliver of reality!
Click here for some more beneficial tips to keep in mind while scrolling through social media posts.
Interested in life coaching to ensure you’re on the right path, whether you don’t know what IT is or your goal seems too out of reach I can help keep you accountable to make it happen.
Sharing is caring! Please share with any loved ones who would also benefit from seeing this😊.
Check out my blog for more posts like this 👏
Want to be notified of new posts, sign up here 👍